We love a good news story. This is where we indulge our passion for all things sustainability within the demolition and construction industries. We cover new products and innovations, industry news, and other green initiatives. Stay up-to-date by completing the subscription form at the bottom of the page.
1. Rafael Nadal was born 3 June 1986 in Manacor Spain, and was introduced to tennis at the age of 3 by his uncle, clearly a wise man.
2. Alongside tennis, Rafa also played football, however at the age of 12, as tennis and football were taking up a lot of his time, he had to choose one. He chose tennis. Also clearly a wise young man!
3. Fast forward roughly 15 years, and Nadal reaches his prime and is crowned the 'King of Clay' after winning the French Open 9 times in his first 10 attempts (90% win rate). Fun fact: For those who aren't aware, the French Open is unique in that it is one of the few open events to be played on clay.
4. Nadal is the only player to have won all three clay court Masters 1000 events in the same calendar year along with the French Open in 2010 thus giving him the "Clay Slam".
1. At EcoGroup, we produce the glorious product called red porous crushed brick that Rafa loves to play on. (So that makes us the Kings of Clay too, right?)
2. Tennis aficionados will also be familiar with the name "en tout cas" (pronounced en-te-car), often used to describe red clay tennis courts.
3. We make our red porous crushed brick from 100% red recycled bricks.
4. Not only do we not harm the environment whilst creating our tennis court cover product, we save the environment by keeping the bricks from landfill.
Download our tennis court red porous crushed brick product brochure here.
|Posted in: Landscaping Recycling Tennis Courts Clay EcoGroup|
Looking for Roof Tiles? EcoGroup no longer sells roof tiles
For all your roof tile requirements trust Eastern Roofing to provide a quick and responsive service.
Matching Terracotta and cement roof tiles
Supply and fit available
|Posted in: Roof Tile|
Christmas time has come round once again, and as much as we love delivering you high quality products and top notch service, we love holidays too!
As such, EcoGroup will be closed from 12pm Thursday 22 December and re-opening 7am Monday 9 January.
From all of us here at EcoGroup, we wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a safe and prosperous new year!
|Posted in: EcoGroup|
We love having access to an amazing range of building materials that we can offer our customers that not only add character and charm but provide a great alternative to buying new products.
Using recycled products lessens your carbon footprint in your build and helps divert materials from landfill so, really everybody wins.
But what happens to the materials that don't survive the demolition and cleaning process whole?
Well, we crush it!
All of our bricks go through a very stringent examination process to make sure they are in excellent condition. Anything that doesn't pass muster, gets separated out and then crushed.
We use different sized screens to make different sized crushed product.
Our reds get crushed into 2 sizes for sporting toppings, a dust and a 2.5ml, both of these products are used for tennis court toppings or baseball diamond toppings.
We also make a variety of sizes in the red brick to use for garden bed toppings, driveway coverings, and a lot of landscapers use it for paths.
We don't always have just red bricks though, we receive a lot of concrete and general rubble or bricks of other colours.
With these materials we still crush but not to the small sizes of the red, we have a mixed rubble product that is 75mm and below. This is an amazing product for hall roads or access roads. As it is a recycled product it is much more economical than other options.
We also make a mixed colour crushed brick which we call a rainbow mix or eco mix depending on the size. This again is a great landscaping topping for garden beds and paths as you can see in this image below.
We also have a lot of customers using it for the access side of their houses or sub bases for plumbing or driveways.
If your looking for an aggregate product or a crushed topping of any description, why not compare our product and prices. You'll love what we have on offer.
See our range in our catalogue here or call Brett today to find out more 95181507.
|Posted in: Sustainable Demolition, Recycled Right Landscaping Recycling Garden mulch DIY EcoGroup|
How can a demolition company be sustainable?
Well we work hard at it. Constantly innovating new ways to re-use materials and recycle products.
Here's some insight into what we do.
Firstly, a 3rd party go into the buildings that are to be demolished and removed any salvageable items. Kitchens, bathrooms, floor boards, windows, doors, basically anything of value.
The roof is removed by hand if it is roof tiles. We remove the tiles, stack them on pallets and then send them back to our Clayton yard to be sold.
Then the excavators move in and carefully pull the building down. Careful not to cause too much damage to bricks and the surrounds.
All of this waste material is sent in bin trucks back to our recycling plant in Clayton until the site is completely cleared.
Once back at the Clayton yard, the trucks are weighed on our weighbridge and then sorted.
Timber is extracted
Metal is separated and resold.
Bricks are separated then go through a state of the art cleaning process and then re-stacked on pallets to sell.
All timber is shredded and either sold as Garden mulch or dried then compressed using another state of the art machine and made into briquettes for fires.
The soil is cleaned and then sold.
Any bricks that doesn't pass our stringent quality standards are crushed to make a variety of landscape toppings. Any rubble and concrete taken from site is crushed and added to some of the crushed brick to make road base material but most of the crushed brick is left pure.
Our highest quality and finest grade crushed brick is used for baseball and tennis court toppings.
There you have it! After that, there is nothing left. We try and use the lot.
So if you're thinking about demolition, choose the better alternative for the planet. Choose EcoGroup.
If you're looking for recycled building or landscaping materials, come and have a look at our range.
60 Garden Road Clayton 1300 326 476 or look at our catalogue here.
|Posted in: Sustainable Demolition, Recycled Right Demolition Recycling Timber Bricks Garden mulch Organic mulch Roof Tile EcoGroup|